A senior personal injury solicitor, Jonathan is responsible for all legal and regulatory compliance aspects of our law group.
Jonathan joined our business in 2010, following 12 years as a solicitor specialising in complex litigation that included brain and spinal injury.
Jonathan has received accreditations as an expert from both the Law Society and the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) where he is a Senior Litigator Emeritus. Jonathan has handled personal injury cases up Court of Appeal level. He has been closely involved in business development and marketing, providing advice to employees of various FTSE 100 companies.
His experience as an accomplished personal injury solicitor prompted Jonathan to campaign in favour of critical consumer issues such as ethics, transparency and fairness - and against fraud and cold-calling. His high ethical standards sit at the heart of our organisation and everything for which we stand. Jonathan is a well know industry figure and has campaigned on a wide range of legal issues in support of victims of personal injury. In 2020 he helped establish ACSO, the Association of Consumer Support Organisations, a body which stands up for consumer's rights in the Civil Justice system.
Jonathan is responsible for all inhouse legal issues. These range from setting our claims vetting criteria and how we manage customer claims enquiries to contract development and intellectual property issues. He also ensures all our activity is fully compliant with the rules laid down by our regulator, the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA). He is National Accident Law's, Head of Legal Practice.
He's closely involved in our commercial projects too – including the successful public listing of our group on the London Stock Exchange's AIM market in 2014. Jonathan has also played a central role establishing four new joint venture law firms along the way as well as our own legal practice, National Accident Law.
Outside the office...
A family man and school governor living in rural Derbyshire, Jonathan takes local community life to heart. As well as keeping behind the stumps, he heads up the 100-strong junior section at the local cricket club - where he's hoping to develop the next generation of budding Jofra Archers and Jonny Bairstows.
- LLB in Politics from University of Leicester.
- Post Graduate Legal Practice Course from De Montfort University, Leicester where he was Alumni of the month in July 2019.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Law from Staffordshire University.
- Qualified as a solicitor and admitted to the Law Society in 1999.
- Appointee to HM Government's Insurance Fraud Taskforce personal injury workstream.
- Established the Ethical Marketing Charter for the personal injury sector.
- Senior Litigator Emeritus at the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers.
- Member of the Association of Consumer Support Organisations Strategy group.