Car accidents abroad

Even if your accident happened abroad, you're still entitled to claim.

If you’ve been injured in a car accident abroad we can help you

If the accident took place within Europe we could help you claim compensation from the ‘at fault’ driver’s insurance company with a personal injury solicitor in the UK. If, on the other hand, you’ve been involved in a road traffic accident outside of Europe, our specialist solicitors can help you make a car accident claim in the country where the accident occurred.

You may be eligible to make a claim regardless of whether you were the driver, a passenger, a cyclist, or travelling on public transport when the accident happened.

Start your claim online now using our simple claim form.

Suffering From Whiplash?

If you’re suffering from whiplash after a car accident whilst on holiday, read our whiplash recovery advice to help get you on the mend.

Car accident claims and the law

The last decade has seen a significant increase in foreign travel both for leisure and business. The European Union has removed several barriers to travelling between European countries which means that travelling by car in Europe has become easier and more affordable.

The Fourth European Union Motor Insurance Directive, which came into effect in 2003, has made it much easier for someone injured in a crash in Europe to make a compensation claim with a personal injury claims specialist in the UK. The Directive allows the injured person to act directly against the at-fault party’s insurer, and also requires the insurer to nominate a representative in the injured party’s country who can settle the claim. This helps avoid any complications resulting from language or cultural differences.

Thinking about making a car accident claim?

If you’ve been involved in a car accident abroad, whether in Europe or further afield, there are certain things you should bear in mind.

  • Any photos of the incident, vehicle damage and injuries sustained can really help with your claim
  • Record and keep as many details as possible to support your claim – this includes the names, addresses and vehicle registration details of those involved, as well as details for any witnesses
  • Retain any documents and receipts relating to your injuries
  • You must make your claim within three years of the accident

How National Accident Helpline can help

Being involved in a car accident abroad can be a daunting and traumatic experience. National Accident Helpline can take the stress out of claiming by putting you in direct contact with a specialist in car accident claims based in the UK – wherever possible, in your local area. Your solicitor will explain the claims process to you and keep you up to date with the progress of your claim. This leaves you free to focus on recovering from your injuries and getting on with your life.

Call us on 0800 540 4258  now to get your claim started or simply fill in an online claim form.

Find out how we can help you, let us call you back

Fields marked with * are mandatory.

National Accident Helpline is a secure and private website
Find & follow us on