We can help you if you’ve been poisoned by carbon monoxide
Carbon monoxide is completely invisible – it’s odourless, tasteless and you can’t see it. This makes it very dangerous, because you might not realise you’ve been in contact with it until you start to suffer from the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Employers, landlords and owners of businesses have a duty to make sure you’re protected from carbon monoxide because of how serious the side effects of exposure can be.
If they’ve failed to uphold their responsibility to keep you safe, then you may have a claim. This isn’t just because it may have resulted in physical harm or illness – you and your family may have been put at risk and suffered financially and emotionally.
We understand how upsetting it can be when someone else has acted negligently and this has impacted your life.
If you’d like to speak to us about your exposure to carbon monoxide or the process of making a carbon monoxide claim, then please call us for free on 0800 540 4258 to speak to one of our friendly, legally trained advisors today. You won’t feel rush or pressured to start a claim when you call, we’ll simply give you the free, impartial advice you need.
What is carbon monoxide?
Carbon monoxide is caused when fuels such as oil, gas, wood and coal don’t burn fully, often due to malfunctioning or faulty household appliances.
It’s an invisible gas, which means you may not even have realised you were exposed to it.
Some causes of carbon monoxide poisoning might include:
- Boilers and central heating systems
- Cookers and ovens
- Water heaters
- Gas fires and open fires
- Blocked or faulty car exhausts
The effects of carbon monoxide poisoning
Mild symptoms can include:
- Feeling sick
- Shortness of breath
The symptoms usually get worse the longer you’ve been exposed to the gas, and are often less noticeable when you’re away from it.
In some cases, if you’ve inhaled a lot of carbon monoxide then this can have long-term effects which may even be permanent. It can have an impact on your memory and personality, and in some cases, it may even be fatal.
Children and elderly people are particularly vulnerable to the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.
If your child or an elderly relative has been injured in this way, please get in contact. We know how hard it can be to see someone close to you go through such a hard time. We can help by providing free and impartial advice – simply give us a call on 0800 540 4258 .
Are you unsure who’s responsible for your accident?
We know that it can sometimes be hard to tell whether someone is at fault for your accident, but we can help with that.
The best way to find out if somebody is at fault for your carbon monoxide accident is to get in touch with our legally trained advisors on 0800 540 4258 .
When you get in touch with us, we’ll listen to your experience, ask you some questions and then can let you know whether we think you can make a carbon monoxide compensation claim. You’ll never be pressured into starting a claim, we’ll simply let you know if we can help.
Tyrone Allday won over £3,000 in compensation which helped to pay the bills
Read more success stories...
I saw the National Accident Helpline advert on television and decided to get in contact by phone. Everything was explained to me clearly and I found the whole service to be nice and friendly
How to start a claim for carbon monoxide poisoning
You’ll never feel pressured into starting a claim, as our main aim is to make sure all your questions are answered so that you know exactly what to expect. Our help is also free and confidential.
Plus, most of our cases are made on a no win no fee basis, which means there is no financial risk to you. You can read more about our no win no fee agreement or speak about it with your solicitor during your free consultation.