Open Today: 8am - 9pm
Claim online

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.


Speak to us now on 0800 376 0150 or request a call back

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.

We can help you make it right

Nobody expects to be injured while they're away on holiday. We know that having an accident abroad is can be very stressful, as you've had to go through the trauma of being injured in an unfamiliar setting and way from your home comforts.

If you've had an accident abroad that wasn't your fault, it's likely we can help. With years_since years' experience helping people make compensation claims, we have the experience to let you know if we think you could claim.

If you're looking to start your claim or find out if you have a case, call us for free on . We'll never rush you into starting a claim, we'll simply help you understand your next steps.

With so many of us working and travelling abroad, holiday accidents are bound to happen. But just because accidents abroad are common does not mean you shouldn't be able to claim compensation for an injury that wasn't your fault.

Holiday accident claims can be more difficult than other types of claims. Typically your claim will be made in the country of your accident and is therefore, subject to the law of that country. This may affect your rights or compensation amount.

However, there are regulations and bodies set up to help people get the compensation and support they need after an accident. For example, the 1992 Package Travel, Package Holiday and Package Tour Regulation Act aids holiday accident compensation claims. This Act helps people who have travelled on a package holiday abroad claim compensation for their injury in the UK.

We're also able to help with holiday accident claims that were not package holidays. Your hotel, the hotel staff, and every company you encounter on your travels has a duty of care to provide you with a safe service.

For example, they're responsible for providing you with a hygienic and clean environment, as well as maintaining sporting equipment, surfaces, pavements, etc.

We know that your experience is unique to you. But here are some examples of holiday accident claims we may be able to help you claim compensation for:

  • Wet flooring or misplaced objects causing a slip, trip or fall
  • Injuries on foreign public transport
  • Injuries that have happened during a day excursion
  • Food poisoning from a hotel restaurant or buffet
  • Illness caused by poor hotel hygiene
  • Injuries caused by a substandard or defective rental car
  • Injuries caused in sporting activities, such as skiing or water sports

We've also helped people claim for injuries on cruises, boats, planes and for injuries sustained on a beach.

If your accident isn't listed above, don't worry. It's likely we can still help you. Call us to find out for sure on . You're under no obligation to start a claim when you contact us.

Had an accident on holiday in the European Union?

If your accident happened while on holiday in the European Union, then your claim must be made there too. In fact, any accident claim must be made in the country where the accident happened.

Don't worry though, we can still help you. Using our legal knowledge and specialist solicitors we can help you take the first steps towards the compensation you're entitled to.


Road accident while driving in the EU

If you've had a road accident abroad that wasn't your fault, perhaps while travelling in a car, on a motorbike or on public transport, we can help.

The 4th EU Motor Directive 2003 dictates that all European cars are listed on one database. This means that, if a car accident does happen, the car at fault can be more easily found.

The Motor Insurers' Bureau can also pay compensation to victims of road accidents where the party at fault does not have insurance or cannot be traced.

You can read more about road traffic accidents and the types of road accidents we can help you claim for on our road accident compensation page.

If you've had an accident while on holiday outside of the European Union, we can still help you. Like claims made inside the European Union, any abroad accident claim must be made in the country where the accident happened.

Because of that, we advise that you collect as much information as possible about your accident abroad. This could include:

  • Taking photographs of the cause of your accident
  • Writing down or sketching the scene of your accident
  • Noting the contact details of any witnesses
  • Making a note of any injuries you've sustained
  • Collecting any information you can about medical treatment you've received since the injury

Holiday accident in the UK?

Of course, your holiday accident may have happened while on holiday within the UK.

As long as the accident was somebody else's fault and happened in the last three years, it's likely we can help you.

We recommend calling us for free, impartial advice about your experience on . We'll listen to the details of your incident and let you know if we think you have a claim.