Open Today: 9am - 6pm
Claim online

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.


Speak to us now on 0800 376 0150 or request a call back

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.

If you've been in a road accident abroad, we can help you make it right.

Car accidents are always shocking, but the situation can be even more stressful if the accident happened while you were abroad. Especially if you had to deal with language barriers and cultural differences.

Nobody wants to suffer an accident when they're a long way from home. Your injuries may even have stopped you from being able to travel back home until you've made a recovery.

If your road accident was caused because of someone else's negligent behaviour or dangerous driving, we may be able to help you make a compensation claim, even if your accident happened abroad.

We can offer you free, impartial advice, and can help you find out whether you may be able to claim. Just get in touch with us on or fill in our secure online form to arrange a call back. We'll never rush or pressure you into taking the next steps.

If your car accident happened in the EU or EEA, then you're protected by EU law. This means you're likely to be able to make a claim if the accident wasn't your fault.

The 4th and 5th EU Motor Insurance Directives state that EU insurers must appoint UK representatives to handle claims for car accidents that happen abroad.

This legislation allows people who are injured in accidents abroad to get the compensation they need and helps to avoid some of the complications which can be caused by cultural differences.

After an accident in the EU, you may be asked to sign a document called the European Accident Statement, or ‘Constat Amiable'. This is completely normal - the form helps people exchange information about what happened as quickly as possible.

In the UK, you generally have three years to start a claim, but time limits may vary depending on the country so it's important to get in touch with us as soon as you feel ready.

Although car accidents are very common and can cause long-lasting injuries, there are many other road users who are also at risk on the roads. No matter what type of road accident you were involved in, we can help you. This may include:

Cyclists and pedestrians are particularly exposed whilst on the roads abroad, and the consequences of an accident can be devastating.

If you or your loved one has suffered an injury that was someone else's fault while they were abroad, we're here to help you get the support and advice you need.

After suffering from an injury, it can be difficult to know where to turn. We can guide you through the first steps of making a compensation claim in a pressure-free environment, so you won't be bogged down by legal jargon.

We understand the importance of keeping the claiming process as simple and stress-free as possible. As part of this, we monitor the standards of our specialist solicitors to make sure you're getting the best service - they'll always stay in touch and keep you updated every step of the way.

You can speak to us online or on for free advice to find out whether you could make a claim.