COVID-19: despite current events, we're open and ready to help. Stay safe!

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.


Speak to us now on 0800 376 0150 or request a call back

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.

Helping you make a pedestrian accident claim

As some of the least protected road users, road traffic accidents involving pedestrians can be both very serious and traumatic.

We know that if you've suffered a pedestrian accident it's likely you've been left dependent on those around you, and you may be worried about your recovery. It's also common to feel pressure to get back to work as soon as possible to reduce lost earnings.

Whilst we can't take away the pain and suffering you've had to endure, we can help you claim compensation to get justice for your accident and to take away some of the financial pressure.

With over 25 years' experience and a network of specialist personal injury solicitors, we can let you know whether you have a claim and can help you understand what the process involves.

Contact us for free on  for confidential, no obligation advice, or fill in our simple online form to request a call back.

The easiest way to find out if you can make a claim for your pedestrian accident is to call us for free on .

All calls with us are advisory and completely confidential, which means you'll never be pressured into making a claim. We simply want to give you the advice you want and need about claiming compensation.

We know you might not feel ready to talk about your accident yet. As a guideline, we generally advise that you could have a case if your accident:

  • Happened in the last three years
  • Was caused by somebody else either by accident or due to negligence
  • Caused you an injury

Because pedestrian accidents can often cause serious injuries, we're sometimes contacted by a friend or family member of the person who was injured.

We can help you make a personal injury claim on someone else's behalf. This may be because they're unable to make a claim for themselves due to the extent of their injuries, or they may not feel comfortable talking about their accident.

In some cases, they could even receive an early compensation payment to cover the immediate impacts their injury and to help with their recovery and rehabilitation.

Find out more about making a claim on someone else's behalf.

Find out more about our staff - we're human too!

Find out more about our staff - we're human too!

Find out more about our staff - we're human too!

If your child has been injured in a pedestrian accident, we appreciate how difficult it must be to see your child in pain or traumatised by their experience.

Just because your child is under 18 doesn't mean they can't receive compensation; we can help you to make a claim on their behalf.

We know how much of an impact a road traffic accident can have on a child's life and future, and the compensation you could receive may help to ensure they can get the ongoing help and support they need.

As a parent or guardian, it's likely you needed to take time off work to look after your child, so although the priority is to get your child the compensation they need, it's likely you can also receive compensation to help to cover the financial impact on your own life.

Read about making a claim on behalf of a child.

When your solicitor negotiates your compensation, they work to make sure the expenses and impacts of your accident are covered so you can start to get things back to how they were.

For example, if you've had to pay for everyday expenses such as travel, or have lost wages because of time off work, then you'll be compensated for this. The money you receive will also help to cover the impact on your social life and hobbies as well as the future effects of your injuries.

The first step to making a compensation claim is finding out whether you have a claim. All you need to do is contact us for free on , or enter your details in the form below to arrange a call back.

Our legally trained advisors will ask you some questions about your experience so they can get a clearer idea of what happened. They'll then be able to let you know whether they think you can claim.

If you give your permission, we can then pass you onto a specialist solicitor who can answer any remaining questions and guide you through the next steps.