COVID-19: despite current events, we're open and ready to help. Stay safe!

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.


Speak to us now on 0800 376 0150 or request a call back

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.

Farm accident claims advice, when it feels wrong, we help our customers to make it right

Farms can be dangerous places and have a bad safety record. Working with heavy machinery, animals and with frequent exposure to dust and chemicals can cause injuries, especially if the proper safety regulations haven't been followed.

Your employer or the company you're contracted by has a responsibility to ensure that you're kept as safe as possible while you're at work on the farm. If they've failed to uphold their duty of care, then they've put you at risk and the consequences can be life-changing.

But it's not just farm workers who are at risk of injury; guests and visitors to farms are also at risk, as well as children.

If you or your loved one has been injured in an agricultural accident within the last three years and it wasn't your fault, then it's likely we can help you.

You can get in touch with our friendly, legally trained advisors on  for free, helpful advice with no obligation to claim. All calls with us are confidential, and our advisors will be happy to let you know whether you can claim.

When calculating the amount of compensation owed to you, your employer will take into account any impacts or financial costs to you and your family.

This means your compensation could cover the expenses of:

  • Time off work
  • Medical treatment
  • Travel costs
  • Accommodation
  • Care
  • And any other expenses caused by your injury

Your compensation could also reimburse you for loss of hobbies or social activities, as well as the pain and suffering you've experienced.

If you're a farm worker and you've had to take time off work, then you're entitled to agricultural sick pay.

This means you should be paid at least the agricultural minimum wage when off work sick. Despite this, it's likely that this is less than your normal wage and this will be considered when making your claim.

Our solicitors consider each case on an individual basis, which means we can't tell you exactly how much you'll receive before starting your claim. But you can use our free compensation calculator to get a guideline figure of the amount you may be able to receive, based on cases similar to yours.

Many people believe that if you're self-employed then you can't make a claim for an accident at work, but this isn't true.

Farm workers are often self-employed and are contracted by bigger businesses. If the business you're working for has control over your working environment and has failed to take the appropriate measures to keep you safe, then they're responsible for your accident and you may be able to make a compensation claim.

For more information, or to find out whether you have a claim, you can get in touch with our advisors for confidential and pressure-free advice on .

There are many different hazards on farms which can cause you to become injured. Below are some examples:

Being exposed to high levels of noise without the proper hearing protection can also cause agricultural injuries, as can the vibration caused by farm tools.

If the cause of your accident isn't listed here, then don't worry. If you were injured in the last three years and it wasn't your fault, then there's a good chance we can help you. You can call us for free on to find out whether we think you have a claim.

Agricultural accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries which may vary hugely in severity. This can range from a strain or sprain due to a slip, trip or fall, to serious injuries with life-changing consequences.

Exposure to asbestos may lead to long-term illness such as asbestos poisoning, while contaminants and chemicals can lead to painful conditions like dermatitis.

No matter how minor or serious, we don't believe you deserve to suffer the impacts of an injury, especially if it was caused due to someone else's negligent behaviour. That's why we're here to help you to get the compensation you deserve.

Farmer's lung

Farmer's lung is also known as allergic alveolitis, hypersensitivity elveolitis and hypersensitivity pneumonitis.

It is caused by breathing in the dust from mouldy hay or crops - over time people can become allergic to this mould. Symptoms of farmer's lung can include shortness of breath, fever, coughing and chest pains.

Your employer should take measures to reduce the risk of farmer's lung. This includes providing proper ventilation, making sure the crops are dried properly before storage and providing you with a dust mask. If they've failed to do this, then you may be able to make a compensation claim.

Starting a claim with us is simple. The first step is to get in touch with our legally trained advisors on , or if you'd prefer, you can fill in our simple online form below to request a call back.

Your call with us will be free and confidential, and we'll take you through the claims process step by step so you know exactly what to expect. We'll talk with you about your experience and can let you know whether we think you can make a claim.

We'll never push you into making a claim, but if you do decide you'd like to go ahead, we'll pass the details of your case onto one of our specialist solicitors and can usually transfer you to them on the same call.

Your solicitor will then negotiate on your behalf so that you can get the full amount of compensation you deserve for your agricultural accident.

We aim to keep the process as straightforward and stress free as possible, cutting out the legal jargon and finding the right solicitor for your case so you have one less thing to worry about.