I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.


Speak to us now on 0800 376 0150 or request a call back

I agree for National Accident Helpline to contact me.

Employers and business owners have a duty to follow health and safety procedures

Health and safety regulations are put in place to keep you safe while at work and in public places. In some cases, employers and business owners fail to follow these regulations and, unfortunately, this can cause you to become injured.

If you've had an accident because of the negligence of a business owner, employer, or anyone else who is responsible for your health and safety, then we're here to help you.

We know how much of an impact an injury can have on your life and your family, and we realise that it can be financially difficult, as well as physically painful. That's why your solicitor will take all the impacts of your injury into account to make sure you're fully compensated.

For confidential, obligation-free advice, or to find out whether you could make a claim, get in touch with our legally trained advisors for free on . Or, if you'd prefer us to call you back, you can fill in our online form and we'll get back to you.

The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 sets out the rules and regulations your employer should follow to keep you safe while you're at work. These rules are enforced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

This may include providing you with the proper equipment such as safety goggles and protective clothing, as well as giving you training so that you know how to carry out your role as safely as possible.

For example, if you use dangerous machinery as part of your job, then your employer is responsible for ensuring the machinery is maintained and safe to use, and that you've received training so you can use it safely.

Below are some common types of work injuries we can help you with; don't worry if your experience isn't listed here, it's likely we can still help you and we recommend calling us on .

Owners of businesses such as shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants are also required to take steps to keep you from getting injured. If a business or company has not followed health and safety rules, then this can cause accidents such as slips, trips and falls which can lead to painful injuries.

The owners of businesses are required to make sure corridors and walkways are kept clear of obstacles to avoid trips.

They should also clean up spillages as quickly as possible, and place a warning sign for slippery surfaces. Changes in floor level without a warning sign, or poor lighting conditions can also cause injury.

Your local council or Highways Agency are responsible for keeping the roads and pavements well maintained and safe for road users. If the surfaces aren't properly maintained, then this can cause road traffic accidents.

Cracks and potholes in the road can cause you to lose control of your car, or can cause slips and trips for pedestrians.

If you've been injured in a road accident because the surface was poorly maintained, then we may be able to help you to make a compensation claim to cover the costs of your injury and the impact it has had on you and your family.

You can get in touch with our legally trained advisors on  for more information, or to find out whether you could make a claim.

The first step to making a claim with us is to find out whether you have a claim. All our advisors are legally trained, which means they have the knowledge and experience to be able to let you know whether they think you could claim.

You can get in touch with us on  for a free chat, or you can fill in an online form to arrange for us to call you back.

During your call with us, we'll ask you some questions about your experience so we can get a better idea of what happened and whether we can help you.

There is never any pressure to start a claim when you speak with us, but if you do decide you'd like to go ahead, we can choose a specialist solicitor from our UK based panel and put you in touch with them on the same call.

Your solicitor will then give you a further free consultation and can answer any more questions you have. They'll make sure you know exactly what to expect, and can usually make your claim on a no win no fee basis.

Your specialist solicitor will then get in touch with the other party and negotiate on your behalf. They'll stay in touch and let you know about any progress, and will do their best to win the full amount of compensation you deserve.