Conditional fee arrangement
No win no fee, also known as a conditional fee arrangement, is an agreement you make with your solicitor firm so that you can claim compensation without worrying about upfront legal fees.
- This is subject to appropriate insurance cover being in place
- You won’t be required to pay any fees if your claim loses.
- Typically customers pay 25% of the amount recovered. This will be subject to your individual circumstances and the actual fee may be more or less than this.
- The calculation for agreeing the total charges will be agreed with you before you decide to go ahead. The total charges will be linked to the time spent on your case by the solicitor and they are required to provide you with a detailed estimate before you proceed.
- If you win, you will have to pay the solicitor’s total charges including fees, success fees, and disbursements, from the damages you receive from the other side.
- Your solicitor will explain this in detail before you go ahead.
- Termination fees may apply if you fail to cooperate with your lawyer and will be calculated with reference to the time spent on your claim.